Your basic building block
4-band Capacitive Equaliser
Carbon is your basic building block, your “go to” EQ
With it’s four large overlapping frequency bands you can go wild with this EQ.
Capacitor based EQ circuits can be considered the “classic” equaliser design, as used in a lot of well known EQ’s
Carbon is our own take on this classic EQ.
Carbon is a full Class-A, discrete design, and all components have been carefully chosen and matched to provide an extremely musical sound.
This is definitely not a “clone” or “copy” (we at Interphase Audio do not build clones or copies of anything).
Like all our products, Carbon is unique and features great sound and easy-to-use functionality.
The four EQ bands have large overlapping frequency controls, making it well-suited for minimising problematic frequencies, or giving an extra boost to others.
The HF and LF band can be used as either shelf or peak, for extra punch, dimension or control of high- and low-end.
Each band can be cut or boost with as much as 15dB per band.
<< Move mouse over image to spin >>
• Input impedance: 30kohm
• Common mode rejection: 80dB
• Distortion: 0.001% (+4dBu output, 1kHz)
• Frequency response: 7Hz to 70kHz (-3dB)
• Boost / Cut range: +/-15dB (continuously variable)
• HF Frequency: 1.2 kHz - 22 kHz (continuously variable)
• HMF Frequency: 0.5 kHz - 8 kHz (continuously variable)
• LMF Frequency: 100 Hz - 1.8 kHz (continuously variable)
• LF Frequency: 25 Hz - 440 Hz (continuously variable)
• Filter Q: 1.2 (just over 1 octave)
• Maximum input level (500 module): +28dBu
• Maximum input level (51x module): +32dBu
• Maximum output level (500 module): +28dBu (10k load)
• Maximum output level (51x module): +32dBu (10k load)
• Nominal input and output level: +4dBu (electronically balanced)
• Output impedance: 100 ohm
• Noise floor (typical, unweighted, EQ on): -80dBu
• Noise floor (unweighted, EQ off): -100dBu
• I/O connections (Rack XLRs): pin 2 +, pin 3 -, pin 1 ground
• Current requirement: 60mA (maximum) per rail
• Size and weight: Standard 500 Series, 0.4 kilos
Carbon is available as 500 series module or as 51x series module.
To find out more about the difference between 500 and 51x modules, check our 500 page
Contact us for information, order or quotation
© 2015 - 2022 Interphase Audio