The Ocean Audio MicPre two is no longer manufactured.
There is no Interphase Audio replacement product (yet)
The information on this page is for reference only.
The 500 MicPre two is a Mic / Line Preamp module.
It has a huge gain range from -10 dB to 60 dB.
The separate Hi-Z input on the front panel allows you to directly plug-in a guitar or keyboard, and / or use this unit as a DI-box.
Phantom Power and Phase Reverse switch are pretty standard on most Preamps, but this unit also has a 80 Hz hi-pass filter.
Some of the highlights of the 500 MicPre two :
* Mic / Line Preamp modules
* Discrete transistor front end
* Balanced input and output
* Gain Range from -10 dB to 60 dB
* Separate Hi-Z input (on front panel) with gain control
* 80 Hz switchable hi-pass filter
* Phantom Power switch
* Phase Reverse switch
* Fits any 500-series rack or console
* Designed by Malcolm Toft
* Hand-crafted and hand-wired by Ocean Audio in the UK
Mic input impedance : 1.2K ohms transformer balanced
Hi-Z / Line input impedance : 1M ohm unbalanced
Output Impedance : 600 ohms transformer balanced
Frequency Response : ± 1dB 20Hz to 20kHz
Maximum Output level : >+21dBm
Distortion (mic) : <0.1% at +20dBm 1 kHz
Noise (mic) : >-126dBm E.I.N 20Hz to 20kHz
Power requirements : ± 16V DC 30mA approx.